Injectable cosmetic procedures are probably the most well-known treatments for improving one's appearance and offering a younger look. Injectables are used to fill out certain parts of one's face and/or to smooth out wrinkles, scars and other lines in the face.
While there are a variety of injectables and fillers in use today, the three most common types are BOTOX® , Restylane and Juvederm.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, the brand name for cosmetic botulinum toxin A, is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses small injections of toxin to paralyze facial muscles temporarily. By paralyzing facial muscles, BOTOX® Cosmetic injections can stop wrinkles from appearing when a person frowns or makes other facial expressions. Typically, BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments can last for up to four months.
- Restylane, a clear, gel-based, biodegradable hyaluronic acid produced naturally by all living organisms, is usually injected into areas around the nose and mouth, where moderate to severe wrinkles can often appear. The results of Restylane treatments can last from 6 months to a year.
- Juvéderm, the newest hydluronic acid, gel approved by the FDA in June 2006, Juvéderm is the next generation of dermal filler.
BOTOX® Cosmetic INJECTIONS
Do you look in the mirror and wonder what is happening?
One day you looked in the mirror and studied those lines that furrowed your brow, and you wondered: Where did they come from? Is it just aging? Too much sun? Too much stress? In general, how skin ages and wrinkles is a complex process. It isn't just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, hormone loss, damage caused by free radicals, and so on; it's a combination of many factors.
Will Botox work for you?
When it comes to selecting a physician-administered aesthetic treatment, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. The proof for BOTOX® Cosmetic is in the numbers.
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months, and may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65, and almost 3.3 million procedures were performed in 2005 alone.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked BOTOX® Cosmetic as the most popular physician-administered aesthetic procedure in the United States for the fourth year in a row (surgical and nonsurgical combined).
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Take a look at men and women who've had BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments, and see for yourself!
One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there's a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.